Area of Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply for all services and deliveries by the hotel.
- Should the hotel change its general terms and conditions before the termination of the contract, the updated version is incorporated into the contract if the partner to the contract is informed about this in writing with reference to these legal consequences and the partner does not object to the incorporation with a period of 14 days.
- The customer’s general terms and conditions shall only form part of this contract if the hotel consents in writing to the incorporation in whole or for individually specified points.
Conclusion of the contract
- The contract (hereafter also referred to as the “booking”) comes into effect on request from the customer through the acceptance by the hotel. The hotel is free to confirm the booking in writing.
- If a third party makes the booking for the customer, it is liable to the hotel as the booking party together with the customer as joint debtor.
Services, prices, payment, billing
- The hotel is obligated to perform the services ordered by the customer and agreed by the hotel
- The customer is obligated to pay the hotel the agreed prices for these and other services enlisted. This also applies for hotel services and expenses inducted by it for third parties.
- If the hotel rescinds with good cause, the customer has no claim for compensation.
- The agreed prices include the current statutory VAT. Should the rate of VAT applicable to the contractual services increase or decrease after the conclusion of the contract, the prices shall be adjusted accordingly.
- If the period between the conclusion of the contract and the fulfilment of the contract as defined by the contractual agreements exceeds four months and the general price charged for such services is increased by the hotel, this can increase the contractually agreed price as appropriate, but by 5% at the most.
- The hotel’s bills are payable immediately upon receipt of the bill without any deduction, unless other payment terms and conditions are expressly agreed. The hotel is entitled to render accumulated claims for payment at any time and to demand immediate payment. If payment, is delayed, the hotel is entitled to claim interest for delay amounting to 10% above the base rate for companies and 5% above the base rate for consumers. The hotel is at liberty to prove that the damages are greater.
- The subleasing and re-leasing of allocated rooms, other rooms and spaces as well as inviting to interviews, sales or similar events require prior written consent of the hotel.
- The hotel is entitled to demand upon conclusion of the contract an appropriate advance payment or security deposit in the form of a credit card guarantee or similar from the customer. If an advance payment is not made within the agreed period, the hotel can withdraw from the contract and claim compensation for damages.
- In justified cases (e.g. outstanding payment by the customer or extending the scope of the contract) the hotel is entitled to demand an increase of the advance payment agreed in the contract or an increased security deposit amounting to the expected costs of the accommodation.
- The hotel is further entitled to demand an appropriate advance payment or a security deposit from the customer at the beginning and during the customer’s stay, provided that such an advance payment or security deposit was not already paid in accordance with the above provisions.
- The customer can only settle or lower a claim by the hotel with an undisputed or valid claim.
Room availability, delivery and return
- The customer does not acquire any claim for the availability of a particular room, unless the hotel confirmed the availability of a particular room in writing.
- Booked rooms are available to the customer from 14.00 on the day of arrival. The customer has no claim for earlier availability.
- On the agreed day of departure, check-out is at 11.00 at the latest. After that time the hotel can charge £10.00 per hour additional. Possible further claims for compensation for damages by the hotel are reserved.
Withdrawal of the customer from the contract for accommodation
- The hotel is entitled in the case of a cancellation to charge the agreed cost of hire for the event rooms in addition to the costs of preparation in accordance with the following provisions, provided that it is not possible to book the rooms for another customer.
- The hotel is entitled to charge for the room or the conference package
- More than 6 months – full amount of deposit i.e. non-refundable in all cases
- Between 3-6 months – 50% of the total price
- Less than 3 months – 75% of the total price
- Less than one month – 90% of the total price
- The customer is at liberty to prove that the hotel is not at any loss as a result of the event not taking place or the loss for the hotel is lower than the flat-rate compensation for damages claimed.
Cancellation by the hotel
- If it has been agreed that the customer can cancel without incurring costs within a defined period, the hotel is also entitled to withdraw from the contract within this period.
- If an agreed advance payment or an advance payment claimed on the basis of these general terms and conditions is not paid by the due date, the hotel is also entitled to cancel the contract. Moreover, the hotel can claim compensation for damages from the customer.
- The hotel is entitled to cancel the contract with immediate effect if, for example:
- Acts of God and other circumstances which the hotel is not responsible for make the fulfilment of the contract impossible;
- Bedrooms and other rooms are intentionally booked using misleading or false statements about facts which are material to the contract, e.g. who the customer is or the purpose of the stay;
- The hotel has justified reason to assume that the use of hotel services can put at risk the smooth operation of the business, the security or the public reputation of the hotel, unless this is attributable to the hotel’s act of responsibility;
- The purpose or reason of the stay is illegal;
- There is an unauthorised sub-leasing or re-leasing;
- The hotel is closed;
- Proper accommodation and/or proper facilities for an event are not guaranteed because the hotel is being renovated;
- The customer withdraws from a part of the contract in the case of a combined accommodation and event contract.
Our website utilises “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small text file that permits us to recognise your browser in order to customise your experience, or permit you to access restricted areas. Cookies do not contain personal information.
This effectively makes Google Analytics cookies the personal property of this domain, and the data cannot be altered or retrieved by any service on another domain.
For more information on cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org